Spring-Fast Mil Spec Grommets protect wires and cables from chafing and arcing.
- Superior performance: encapsulated spring steel core outperforms plastic (MS21266 and BACG20Z) grommets.
- Snap on installation lowers costs 49% vs. grommets with glue. Watch the 4 min. video below.
- Improves efficiency 9.5x – due to fewer steps in workflow.
- U.S. Dept. of Defense and FAA approved per NASM 22529/1, NASM 22529/2.
- National Stock Numbers per Federal Supply Code 5325.
In service worldwide on numerous tactical platforms: helicopters, fighter jets, military transports, a variety of naval ships and Dept. of Defense (DoD) ground based missile systems.
- Airframe Structure
- Tactical Vehicles
- Auxiliary Power Units
- Avionic Instruments
- Radar Systems
- Flight Refueling
The old nylon grommet with glue is old, inefficient and costly. DTi has a better way.
- Encapsulated with a steel substrate
- Snaps on in seconds with finger pressure cutting total install costs by 49%
- Installs continuously and is very flexible for use on straight edges and sharp inside and outside corners
- Self locking with strong retention
- 2- or 4-axis flexibility fits single/multi-plane applications including small inside/outside radii
- Chemically resistant to most hydrocarbons, Skydrol immersion, salt spray, shock and vibration resistance
- Across the product life cycle its ease of application, use and removal will consistently save time and money
- Customization available
- Significant reduction in installation steps and time
- No special handling, training or special gear
- No toxic adhesives/VOCs – a green solution with no clean up or Haz-Mat issues
- No fixturing during curing
- No delays waiting for the adhesives to cure
- No long term embrittlement of the nylon grommet itself
- No adhesive degradation over time
- NASM22529 qualified FAA approved
- UL94 V-0 compliant Flammability Rating
- NAVAIR per 01-1A-505-1 (…/2)
- RoHS compliant
- Temperature Range -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)
- Flammability FAR 25.601, FAR 25.853, MIL-STD-202F
- Voltage Breakdown 60 Hz 1500 V
- Salt Spray Testing MIL-STD-202F
- Sheet thickness 0.02” (.5mm) to 0.25” (6.4 mm)
- Factory discrete cut lengths or some factory precut lengths of:
-25 ft. (7.6 m)
-100 ft. (30.5 m)
-500 ft. (152 m)
- Tools available: Installation roller, full by-pass shears, castle removal, measuring scale, go/ no-go sizing gauge, cutter cart
- Customization /Private branded kits available